Saturday, March 12, 2011

Soccer, Anyone?

Had the opportunity to attend Ike's and Bays soccer games today. Was I little nervous about being out in the pollen. We have a lot of really tall pines here in Houston. You actually get a yellow dusting of pollen on your car if you park it outside. I don't think I am bothered as bad by the scary looking pollen as I am other less conspicuous ones.


Stared out the morning solo as Rick and I divided and conquered our obligations. Ike was not as interested in soccer today, but sure liked looking at his fancy new soccer shoes as he ran down the field. He got to play goalie for the last quarter.

Cute little guys.


The were glad when Alejandro showed up, he is the star of their team.

Being goalie is a boring sometimes.

Then we were off to Bailey's game. Bri and Ike picked us up. Jarod and Jake were watching the Duke game. Can't believe how grown up Bay is getting. She did a great job.

She ended up on the ground in this shot. She jumped right back up, and carried on.

She is a lot more aggressive in playing than in previous years.

Taking it down the field.

Bay also played goalie. Here she is, stopping an attempt at the goal.

It was such a beautiful day. I am glad I got to share it with those I love. Gavin will be playing baseball in a few weeks. Wish Virginia was a little closer to Texas. Can't wait to hear about his progress and get pictures! In the mean time, I will enjoy my little soccer players.
Soccer, anyone? Heck, yes! Especially if the weather stays this nice.

No comments: