Saturday, March 13, 2010

CRAW FISH BASH AT NEWLANDS COURT

What do you do on a beautiful spring day in Texas? Craw fish Boil! I really don't care much for seafood, but a beautiful day, good neighbors, and other good eats, equals a good day at Newlands Court.

Some of our boiled friends!


Have I ever mention how much we like our little street in Tomball, Texas. We have a lot of great neighbors which makes it fun to be here. They are always planning fun things to do around here.

Newlands Court


Party central is always at David and Lesley's house. We live on the ride side of their house.


They always make it fun for the kids which there were a lot of.
David and Lesley have lived here since we moved in ten years ago. They have 2 girls, and 3 big dogs. We have loved having them as our neighbors.

Dave


There were previous neighbors, as well as all of us who have stayed. Tons of food.

Jennifer Pratt and her family were there. They moved a year ago because they needed a bigger house, but still live close by. She runs with some other good friends of ours.
I have never seen so many craw fish, hot and steamy! eeew!

They would pour them into coolers and put lemon and spices on them.

Okay, I was very brave. I ate this one, because I didn't have to touch it! Wasn't too bad, but I'm still not a fan. One of our neighbors gave us a demonstration on how to get to the meat. Then he sucked the stuff out of the head of the thing, eeewwww!!!!!

All that work for a tiny piece of meat.


Rick working on his plate of craw fish.


Jerry, sitting to the left of Rick , just returned from Haiti. He was telling us about his experience.


This last picture is for Bri, Looli, and Becky, don't faint, I made homemade frosting. Where is Becky when I need her? Have a whole container of extra frosting in the fridge! The kids loved them!


All in all, a good day for a craw fish boil in Tomball, Texas, on Newlands Court.

1 comment:

Brianne & Jarod said...

oh my gosh..the eyes...the beedy eyes...I still can't believe that you tasted one! GOOD JOB MOM!