Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"Don't Pick the Flowers"...NO Worries!

We made our annual trip to the "bluebonnets."  I was excited to go scout out the best picture spots. As we got closer to Brenham, I realized we were in for a disappointment.  The weather was too cold the first part of March, and the lack of water has made a "no show" of  flowers.  I am pretty mad at the wildflower post on the internet this week. It said this was "prime flower week."  Are you kidding me?  The highways were  mowed down, and the fields weren't much better.

This is small hill was covered last year.
Last years pictures, same spot.















Meadow with tire swing this year.
Same meadow 4 years ago.
Spot of family pictures 2 years ago.
I can not believe the difference!












So we go on, and hope for the best next year. At least we don't have to worry about "Don't Pick the Flowers!"


2 comments:

Becky Morgan said...

Bummer! Have to admit, my flowers yesterday were better than that!! So sorry you made all that effort. I'd heard that they weren't very good this year on FB, but I had no idea it was that bad!

Grandma Bebbs said...

I'm so sad. I have loved looking at your family photos with the beautiful wild flowers.