Sunday, August 5, 2012

DUCT TAPE

This isn't my normal went somewhere, did something fun, kind of post.  It isn't a post full of cute pictures of grand kids. We are going home for a family reunion, and a brief visit to our old stomping grounds in West Jordan, Utah where we raised our family. I am excited and apprehensive at the same time.  So many of our trips home have been centered around weddings of our children, and saying goodbye to loved ones that have passed on, both of which have made me happy and sad. They were expensive, stressful, and never just time to sit and take it all in.

I am hoping that this trip will be a happy one, but reality there are things that need to be addressed while there. My friend just said in her blog that there was no DRAMA at their family gathering, I was impressed! So here is to hoping all goes well.  I have been told I am a know it all, I don't try to be.  I have a bad habit of wanting things to be fixed when they are broken,  problems to be outwardly and honestly stated, and misunderstandings to be resolved.  I don't care much for being politically correct when things need to be done. What I am saying is that I just fail miserably when it comes to saying. "We can do this, things will work out, or let's get things resolved!"

I pray that I can keep my mouth shut, my opinions to myself, and just enjoy the time I have with those I care about.  I have thought about duct tape.

No comments: