Sunday, May 20, 2012

Out and About in Florida

Thought I would catch up on our short trip to Orlando.  Not much to report, but had a few things note worthy for myself.  I pretty much just hung out at the hotel for the week. Sunday was Mother's Day.  Rick had meetings all day so I went to brunch by my lonesome. Little did I know that being on the Disney Resort we had characters for visitors that day, Being that I was alone they made sure to give me extra attention. I was so embarrassed. Br'er Bear and Br'er Fox were first to visit my table. Finally, Minnie came over and kept kissing me on the cheek. The European guests sitting at the next table, decided I needed a picture. The rest of the day I read the Conference Ensign, while relaxing by the pool. We went out to dinner that night to celebrate Mother's Day.

Thank goodness Downtown Disney was across the street from our hotel.  There was plenty there to see, do, and buy.  Each grand child got a small prize from one of the many shops.  The Pirate Shop and Lego Store were the recipients of most of my money.  Some days I would just walk over and get a hot dog or popcorn for lunch, healthy right?  They had musicians playing at every corner and people watching was great fun.
(almost as fun as Walmart)

One night we drove outside Disney to a recommended Steak and Seafood place.  Rick order lobster for me,  it was delicious. I hadn't had lobster for over a year,  it was much enjoyed.

I wanted to take our time getting home, but Rick decided to drive straight through.  We might tag along with Bri and Jarod, as they are going to Destin, Forida in a few weeks.  I think the beach was my favorite part of the trip.

Me and Minnie


I was glad we were close.


Reminded me of picking these up off the floor, too many times in my life.


Spent a few dollars in here. I felt guilty going in for free samples.








Pirate swords and fairy wands were purchased here. The little mouse with the pirate hat liked to spit water on people.









The Lego store was great fun.  I wish I would have had Gavin, Benz, and Bay with me. They would have loved this.





It was good to be out and about.

No comments: