Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hangin' Out with the Singles

Rick and I have really loved serving the Young Single Adults in our area. Easy Job? Not! The commitment can be intense at times. We have learned to love the YSA and the work involved.  Do I still whine at times? YES!  Then I pull up my big girl panties and deal with it!

Last night we traveled, and I mean right down to the quaint dirt road, down the country lane, to Hockley, Texas.  There we met up with the YSA at the Lemon's Home to enjoy and night of getting to know you and eating around a bonfire.  The sky was filled with stars.  Because of the lights in our area, you only see the brightest stars. The country sky was pleasantly accommodating to let the stars SHINE! 

One of our young singles furnished the wood from a broken fence.  The bed of his truck was full of wood. They got the fire going and the fun began.  I am really disappointed with the pictures, but needed to write down the memory.

The night was a sweater night...very comfortable around the fire.
SIT LONG, TALK MUCH, LAUGH OFTEN....

We have had several new YS, it was fun to get to know them in a more casual environment.

I don't know if the smoke was the menacing factor in my picture taking, or it was because it was dark.

We ate hot dogs, smores, popcorn, and had hot chocolate to drink.

Lot's of fun conversation.

more of the same...

It was a great night.

We had about 30 people there...biggest FHE yet!

 

No comments: