Saturday, April 24, 2010

OUT and ABOUT

I went with Rick on a quick overnight business trip this week. Can't say it was relaxing but, we stayed in a neat place in Grapevine, Texas called the Gaylord. Apparently there is one in Tennessee. It was a fun place. The inside was dedicated to a Texas theme. Remake of the Alamo in one section, a taxidermy long horn, beautiful flowers, and even a miniature canyon representing the Big Bend area. We had the best steak I've ever eaten at one of the restaurants. I also found some gorgeous turquoise jewelry to match some things I already had. Fun but short get away.

Tried to get a picture of the massive roof over the Hotel.


This section represented the River Walk in San Antonio.



more of the same..



View from our balcony.


Loved the beautiful flowers.
I think this was representing the Big Bend area.


They had sereral minature trains running through out the grounds.


trains...


It was good to be out and about.


No comments: