Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"Come what may and love it."

We had every intention of making it to the baby blessing on Sunday. I got up early to go with Rick to Sacrament Meeting at his assigned building. Then we went home grabbed a small bite to eat, and waited for Brandon to come to drive up to the Woodlands with us to Kate's blessing. Brandon had been left in charge of Brynley who was coming with us, so Looli could meet her obligations she had at their ward. Mind you, Brandon working full time and getting his masters has lost his "get the baby ready edge." He showed up late. Determined to get there in time for the blessing we took off from our home. Everything was going pretty good up until the part our path crossed with a train, and we had to wait 5 minutes. I knew we wouldn't make it. I had a small glimmer of hope that they could have post phoned the blessing until after the sacrament, but it was over. We tried, I felt terrible but, as quoted from Elder Wirthlin's Mother, "come what may and love it." I tried to embrace and rest of the day. Baby Kate was beautiful in her blessing dress her Grammy Becky got for her. We took a few pictures after in the church, and then headed for home. Later that evening Becky had us over for dinner. Soup, salad, rolls and dessert, and it didn't hurt that the Super Bowl was on either. The girls and I basically took turns holding babies and chatting. Even though we missed the blessing we didn't miss being together as family. I love my family and extended family. So I tried to take some good advice to heart. "Come what may and love it."

Israel and Sarah and Baby Kate Arciniegas and Becky and DJ Morgan.


The Morgan Family



The Wallace Family

Cute picture of Papa and Jacob (Harry)!

I did a little song and dance to get these smiles.
The "adult" table.


We missed Bri and Jarod at dinner they had other commitments that evening. Thanks Morgans, for letting us be apart of your family, on your special day.

1 comment:

The Arciniegas said...

Thanks for coming. Sorry, you missed the blessing, but we sure felt loved because you made such an effort. I love living close to you guys. When are we going to do our lunch bunch this month?