Thursday, January 21, 2010

Isn't it funny...

I know I have gone out to lunch with my daughter and daughters in law quite a bit, but today's outing brought back memories. When these two girls (pictured below) were little it was quite the adventure when we would meet their Great Auntie Jane for lunch. Becky would bring Rachel, Matt, and Sarah in from Bountiful, and I would bring Jamie, Brandon and Brianne in from West Jordan to meet Auntie Jane in down town Salt Lake City, usually at the Dee's Restaurant by Temple Square or the Tiffan Room at ZCMI. The kids were all under 5. We would load up the car, no car seats mind you, and drive 20 minutes. Then we would proceed into the restaurant where all chaos broke out. I always remember saying to myself "I will never do this again." You would go home totally exhausted and usually with a headache to match. Isn't it funny how LOVE conquers all. All the hurry up of getting there, all the screaming and crying in the car, all the crying and fighting during the meal. All the spilled food or drink decorating your clothes, the floor, and the chairs. All the changing of messy diapers, cleaning spit up, and the sticky suckers they got when we left to go home.. Then it was the 20 minute ride home, that seem like an hour. All to do it over, and over, and over, again! 29 years was a long time ago, but it is still fresh on my mind.

Sarah and Brianne 29 years later.


Great Auntie Livi with baby Kate. (Sarah's daughter)


My little "Monster!" Ike


I put Kate in Jacob's car seat to get a picture of them.


Ike and Guggy coming to terms about him eating something.


At least we didn't have to worry about our kids crying because they wanted to do this instead of eating. Thanks, Red Robbin!


I look back, and don't know how I managed sometimes...but then love does conquer all.

2 comments:

The Arciniegas said...

It was fun, a liitle crazy. Thanks for coming. I like the idea of going out to lunch once a month.

Brianne & Jarod said...

Lots of fun...and I can survive because I have you! THANKS!!