Monday, December 1, 2014

"I'll Be Home for Christmas."

I love being in my own home for Christmas. Actually never liked sharing it anywhere else. I think we went to our parents home once, the first year we were married. From then on it was in our own home. We get together on Christmas eve for parties, went home and did our own thing. I love the Spirit of Christmas.  I love the warm glow of lights, the smell of homemade goods, oranges, peppermint,and cinnamon. I still enjoy watching old Christmas movies, and my childhood favorites... Rudolph, Frosty, and Santa Claus is Coming to Town. My hubby just rolls his eyes. I guess I love this time most because, I can feel like a child again.  Along with that child like humility, comes a natural ability to feel closer to my Savior. Who is the gift of all gifts in our lives. I love to have my home decorated in a way that reflections all these wonderful things.
Just a look at a few of the decorations I was able to get up before the flu...   Again I do this not because they are wonderful or for show, just because I want to remember what I did.











No comments: