Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Sometimes my ideas turn out ,,,

After my fail at my home improvement project, I am happy with my new one.  It's really not a project, but a solution to a crowded kitchen.  When we purchased our house in Texas, we were in a hurry (okay I was in a hurry) to find a place and get settled. In buying a home, we thought we would never see the children much, because they were in Utah, and would probably stay.  Due to fortunate events however, they all ended up within a 15 square mile of us, in Texas.  At the time, we would have never thought that a possibility of happening. We bought a home with a very small kitchen. I use the  medium size pantry for food storage, and the cupboards, drawers, and counter space were lacking. I thought it would be good to take the kitchen cabinets all the way down the back wall to the window. The original cabinets were built on site, I knew matching everything just right would be hard unless I could find the original cabinet maker. So for the last 3 years I have been looking for an alternative.  I found one, and I love it.  After having it on my wish list for 2 years, and waiting for 4 months for it to arrive from Italy, I couldn't be happier with the results. It gave me 3 more deep drawers, and loads of cupboards space. I am happy that I persisted in finding a solution, I could live with.

The back wall is the one I thought we could extend the cabinets.

 I just love it...
 I am happy...

So glad I was patient and persistent...

Shoot, forgot to remove Rick's cushion for his chair, He thinks the chairs are too hard.  Haven't got around to making a cover.

No comments: