Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Realities of Summer

After living in Houston, Texas for 14 years now, I can still report that I despise June, July, August, and September. Why, you might ask? Its just the abundance of a lot of stuff. Abundance of humidity with the increasing temps, fire ants, snakes, mosquitoes, lizards, allergies, and having to stay inside (that one by choice for me). We have had a beautiful spring for Houston, for which I will be forever thankful, but Saturday brought the reality of the coming days.

I really wanted a pool when we moved down, but the horror stories of snakes in the filters, or just taking a swim in the pools, made it a dream, rather than a reality. Oh, well. So as I anticipate another summer, my imaginary bags are pack and ready to evacuate.

There are a lot of people who just leave. They are gone for a month at a time. We could have never done that with clear conscience, for our church responsibilities, and work, have kept us around. Well, lets just face it, if you work in IT, you rarely can be gone for a week at a time. When you are off, you take your work with you. We have never been on a vacation the last 20 years, without Rick needing to work while he was gone.  So, here is to another summer.

I will look for the positive, I will dream for relief, and I will make it through...





No comments: