Wednesday, March 7, 2012

BACK up plan

I get the itch for change way to often.  My home is my pallet.  My family room is not user friendly due to the windows and TV placement.  Oh, if I could only get rid of the TV!

 I got an idea, and put my plan into motion,  only to find that my plan did not work.  I was doing okay until the rug got caught on the leg of the couch.  I tried to lift it, because I am like He-Man you know. Well, that was the start of my stupidity. We were watching Bri's kids, and forgot my sore back as I heaved cute stout Jakie into the high chair.  My back winced, just like an ankle gives out on a athlete.  Rick took over the rest of the day, I barely managed to finish dinner.  Took the boys over to Jarod, when he got home from work, came home and laid down.  By the middle of the night it was over.  I couldn't move. 

Two long days went by, and I finally found an excellent way to combat my pain.  ICE not heat,  We had frozen water bottles in the outside freezer for emergency purposes. I got one of them and placed it in my pants, the elastic kept it in place. The bottle shape had a curve in it that fit along the contour of my back. Walla!!!! I kept it iced for three straight days, and along with the Motrin it finally started to heal.  It is not perfect and all the pain isn't gone, but it is getting better every day and I have been able to walk and do light housework.

Positive attitude, persistence, and patients are so important  to ones ability to overcome pain, adversity, and disappointment. I hope I can keep these attributes alive and well throughout my life because it sure beats the alternative.

I laughed when I walked into my bedroom and looked at all things I used to pass the time in bed.


Top 10 or so things that are must for back pain and bed rest.

iPhone
house phone
ipad
Kindle Fire for books
magazines
menthol patches
remote for TV
frozen water bottle
Motrin
Route 44 Cherry Vanilla Coke... extra ice
Chocolate











Guess we need to go through things like this, so we more fully appreciate the good times. Glad I found a back up plan.

No comments: