Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bishop Rick

It has been awhile since my last post. A lot of life changing experiences have come our way as of late. Rick was called to be a Bishop over the young single adults in a dual stake area, consisting of Cypress Stake and Katy Stake.


For my friends not of my faith, that means he was made a spiritual leader over a congregation of young college age people. It isn't a paid position, but one that we feel will bring many blessings into our lives. It will consist of long Sundays and a few weekly activities. He and his counselors are in place to help guide and oversee these young people as they run a ward or congregation that helps meet their needs.


I am so impressed with the young people's ability to run Sacrament meeting, teach Sunday school lessons, and Relief Society for the women and Priesthood for the men. They are such capable people who are trying so hard to emulate the Savior's teachings in their lives. I am in awe at their love and dedication.


I will work with the bishopric's wives to support and encourage the young people in their activities. I will especially cheer on Rick as he serves. It is so refreshing to be around the youth.


We have already seen great changes in our home. Our television hasn't been on much in the last two weeks. Our knees are a little sore from kneeling often in prayer and our reading has changed to more gospel related materials. All which are good changes, right?


The first week there, I wanted to jump in and help. It was hard for me to sit back, watch, and support. I thought to myself, I have to do something! So this week I made a candy jar for the Bishop's office, there ya go... I know that you who have worked with me are laughing...I always had a candy jar at work!




I am sure there will be many more postings and pictures on this subject.

No comments: