Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A few of my favorite things.

There are many things in my life that make me happy. The most being my husband, children (son-in law, daughters in law), grandchildren, and extended family. I have nine brothers and sisters all of which I admire in different ways, and a mother who my grandfather always referred to as an angel on earth. It would take forever to post all their pictures, but maybe someday.

There are also a few other things that I have found bring me happiness. I know that they are just things, but I am grateful for them anyway.

My laptop. When one of my sons lived in Utah, it was so fun to jump on the computer and video cam with his family. I loved reading bedtime stories to my granddaughter at night. This technology let me have that great opportunity. Now through blogging I have the opportunity to write my history and share my life with those far away.


Born shoes. For those of us who were "born" with extra wide feet what a joy to be able to buy cute stylish shoes that feel wonderful on my feet. A little pricey, but totally worth every penny.


My kitchen sink is awesome. Huge and deep able to wash the biggest pans, and probably one of my older grand kids.


My digital picture frame that runs morning and night flashing pictures of special times with family and friends.

My newest purchase, a flat iron. I love it. Its the first time in eight years (since we moved to Houston) that my hair hasn't been frizzy.


My cell phone with crazy ring tones that the grand kids love to dance to.


My garage door opener. We didn't have one of these most of the 20 years we lived in Utah.


My picture of downtown Salt Lake. When I get homesick, yes I still get homesick. I look at this picture and smile. It has many places on its canvas that have special meaning to me.



My Olivia the pig collection. Growing up in the 50's with a name like mine wasn't cool. Always misconstrued and mispronounced. Picking up souvenirs from vacations with Olivia on them, out of the question. So thus, the implosion of Olivia the Pig in my scrapbooking room.


Scrapbooking is the most fun I have outside of my family. I love to go up in this room and pudder around. You can find me scrapping pictures, making cards, visual aids, or handouts for church, in my hiding place.

Children's books, how I love them. I love to read to my grandchildren. This is just a sample of what I have.

My Americana room. I was so over whelmed with the events of 911. I saw a coming together of America, that touch me deeply. I decided to make a room in my house reflective of my patriotism.


Just thought I would share some of my favorite things.

3 comments:

Brianne & Jarod said...

Cute MOM!! I just LOVE you, and am so proud of you learning how to bloggy blog!

Looli said...

are those new borns? Super cute!~

Olivia Wallace said...

They are the ones I got for Christmas.